AmadorArts is a non-profit community arts organization dedicated to enriching life in our community. We believe that the Arts are a resource that contributes to our economy and to our quality of life. In pursuit of our mission to Encourage, Support and Promote the Arts in the Schools and Community, AmadorArts coordinates a number of programs and community events intended to provide opportunities for our citizens to experience all forms of the arts.
Our Programs include:
- TGIF Free Summer Concerts – Every summer for more than 17 years, we have hosted free concerts in parks, wineries, and venues throughout the county, featuring a variety of local and regional bands.
- Amador Art Trek – A tour of local galleries featuring special artists receptions the first Saturday of each month.
- A Taste of the Arts – A full day of professionally-taught arts classes offered to adults. Classes include a wide variety of selections from watercolor and acrylic painting to the art of bonsai and line dancing.
- Arts Networking – Community mixers that give us a chance to showcase student art, present special art activities, and celebrate our members and volunteers.
- Scholarships – Each year AmadorArts awards two to three $1000 scholarships to high school seniors pursuing arts education.
- Supportive Funding – Quarterly Mini-grants to local schools, affiliate organizations & local arts projects.
- Newsletters, Emailings, & Website – Public relations materials including an artists’ registry and weekly eblast updates on community arts events and opportunities.
- Arts Education – For six years our organization has been building a program which hires professional artists to teach high-quality, VAPA Standards-based arts classes in local elementary schools. These classes include: watercolor, paper collage, chalk pastel, pen & ink doodling, and educational presentations by the B Street Theatre of Sacramento. We arrange similar classes at an after-school program for junior high students, at the ARC of Amador for developmentally disabled adults, and at the Pine Grove Conservation Camp for incarcerated youth.
- AmadorArts Gallery- Our gallery in downtown Sutter Creek features a different local artist each month, with special Art Trek Artists Receptions the first Saturday of each month, and a two-month Holiday Adornments show.
- Amador Alliance for Arts Education- The Amador Alliance for Arts Education is part of a Local Arts Advocacy Network Project of the California Alliance for Arts Education. The Amador Alliance for Arts Education is here to support our teachers in bringing the arts into their classroom. In addition to working to create greater public awareness about the importance of arts education, presenting to our school board, and participating in state-wide advocacy efforts, the Amador Alliance has been compiling resource materials, including lessons plans which integrate art lessons into the common core curriculum and an art teacher mentor list.