AmadorArts is a non-profit community arts organization dedicated to enriching life in our community.
We believe that the arts are a resource that contributes to our economy and to our quality of life.
In pursuit of our mission to Encourage, Support and Promote the Arts in the Schools and Community, AmadorArts coordinates programs and community events that provide opportunities for all citizens to experience all forms of the arts.
Our Programs include:
- TGIF Free Summer Concerts – Every summer for more than 17 years, we have hosted free concerts in parks, wineries, and venues throughout the county, featuring a variety of local and regional bands.
- Amador Art Trek – A tour of local galleries featuring special artists receptions the first Saturday of each month.
- A Taste of the Arts – A full day of professionally-taught arts classes offered to adults. Classes include a wide variety of selections from watercolor and acrylic painting to the art of bonsai and line dancing.
- Arts Networking – Community mixers that give us a chance to showcase student art, present special art activities, and celebrate our members and volunteers.
- Scholarships – Each year AmadorArts awards two to three $1000 scholarships to high school seniors pursuing arts education.
- Supportive Funding – Quarterly Mini-grants to local schools, affiliate organizations & local arts projects.
- Arts Line Newsletter – A quarterly newsletter highlighting the activities, goals, programs, and events of AmadorArts. This publication specifically highlights the students artists in our programs and schools.
- Website & Eblasts– Public relations materials including an artists’ registry, digital newsletter, and event & program info. Eblast updates on community arts events, creative opportunities, and call-to-artists.
- Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter.
- Murder Mystery Dinner – An annual dinner theatre featuring a local playwright’s creation with community members as the actors and the audience as the criminal investigator. Come solve the mystery for us every April at the historic Italian Benevolent Society grounds in Sutter Hill.
- Arts Around Amador – Weekly radio broadcast featuring local artists of all kinds and student artists. Features current AmadorArts programs like Poetry Out Loud students, Taste of the Arts teachers, TGIF bands, and more! Includes local music and artists from welding to watercolor and everything in-between. On KVGC 1340AM/96.5FM, Jackson Ca.
- Arts Education – For six years our organization has been building a program which hires professional artists to teach high-quality, VAPA Standards-based arts classes in local elementary schools. These classes include: watercolor, paper collage, chalk pastel, pen & ink doodling, and educational presentations by the B Street Theatre of Sacramento. We arrange similar classes for junior high students, at the ARC of Amador for developmentally disabled adults, and at the Pine Grove Conservation Camp for incarcerated youth.
- AmadorArts Gallery- Our gallery in Jackson features artist who would not otherwise be showcased in galleries. Our current show highlights arts education with 4th grade water color art and with a 4 foot mural by AmadorArts Student Director Deja Douglas, a junior and the President of Art Club at Argonaut High. Our gallery also includes working studio space open to any artist in need, along with an art history mini library, and a piano waiting to be played. Daily music includes curated sounds from all over the globe. The AmadorArts Gallery is a grateful recipient of frequent donations from art supplies, to office supplies, to exquisite pieces of fine art, AmadorArts makes sure your donation gets into the hands of local artists, especially children artists.
- Amador Alliance for Arts Education- The Amador Alliance for Arts Education is here to support our students and teachers in bringing arts education into all classrooms. In addition to working to create greater public awareness about the importance of arts education, presenting to our school board, and participating in state-wide advocacy efforts, the Amador Alliance helped the Amador County Unified School District adopt the Declaration for Equity in Arts Learning in early 2018. The Amador Alliance is working collaboration with the local school district to develop a district arts plan and to secure sustainable funding for arts education and professional development in arts education and arts integration.