Starting July 16, 2021
The Amador County Arts Council thanks TGIF Founding members Barry and Sue Duncan.
FRIDAY FROM 6 to 8:15 PM
Please do not attend TGIF concerts if you are not feeling well. Attendees assume all risks related to potential exposure to viruses, including COVID-19. Please respect personal choices regarding masks and physical distance.
- July 23rd at Pine Grove Park in Pine Grove, Wicked Sisters, folk-rock band based out of Amador County. From Hwy 88, travel to the unincorporated town of Pine Grove. The park is on the Southern side of Hwy 88, across from the historic Pine Grove Community Hall and nearby restaurants Wok & Roll, Giannini’s, and 88 Giant Burger.
- July 30th, take a break to go to the best county fair in the universe: the Amador County Fair.
- August 6th at Cribbs Field/Minnie Provis Park in Sutter Creek with DonGato, the best latin music from Sacramento. From Hwy 49, turn East onto Historic Hwy 49 into the City of Sutter Creek, turn East onto Sutter Creek Volcano Road (also known as Church Street). The park is just East of Main Street (Historic Hwy 49).
- August 13th at Mollie Joyce Park in Pioneer with Amador’s favorite band Blow Daddy, honoring the life and music of Barry Duncan. From Jackson, travel East on Hwy 88 through Pine Grove and into unincorporated Pioneer. Turn North onto Carson Drive (across the Hwy from the Post Office). Turn Left onto Woodfern Drive. Turn left to enter the park.
- August 20th at Plymouth Main Street Park in Plymouth with Jake and Joey Guidi, singer-songwriters from Amador County. From Jackson, travel North on Hwy 49. Continue right to stay on Hwy 49 through the intersection with Hwy 16. At the roundabout, take the third exit onto Main Street. The park is on the North side of Main Street across the street from Taste Restaurant and right next to the Vintage Market.
- August 27th at Fiddletown Park in Fiddletown with Amador County headliners, Route 88. From Plymouth, take Shanendoah Road East from the roundabout. Keep RIGHT to continue onto Fiddletown Road. Continue into Fiddletown and the park is on the Left, just after Jibboom Road.
- September 3 at The Gardens at Sutter Creek in Sutter Creek with Grover Anderson and the Lampoliers, from Calaveras County. From Jackson, travel North on Hwy 49. Turn Right onto Historic Hwy 49 and travel through downtown Sutter Creek. Pass through downtown and turn Right at Gardens at Sutter Creek (directly across the street from the gas station).
- September 10 at Kennedy Gold Mine in Jackson with On Air Band, twelve piece horn-heavy band, voted Sacramento’s best band. From Main Street in Jackson, travel West/North on Hwy 88/49. At the top of the hill, turn Left into the Kennedy Gold Mine (across the hwy from John’s Pitt Stop). This site is NOT the Kennedy Amphitheatre on Jackson Gate Road.
- September 17 at Detert Park in Jackson with Mondo Deco, alternative rock band with founding members from Amador County. From Sutter Hill (the intersection of Ridge Road and Hwy 49, travel South on Hwy 49 and continue as Hwy 88 and Hwy 49 join together. Continue down the hill and into Jackson. Detert Park is on the Eastern side of Hwy 49/88, North of the public pool and the post office.
- September 24 at Terra d’Oro Winery* in Shenandoah Valley with Tone Mosaic, Rock & R&B band with founding members from Amador County. From Plymouth, CA take Shenandoah Road. Turn Right on Shenandoah School Road. Terra d’Oro Winery will be on the Right (East) side before the intersection with Shenandoah Cross Road.
BECOME A TGIF VOLUNTEER and BRING MUSIC TO US ALL! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 209-256-8166.
*NO OUTSIDE BEVERAGES ALLOWED at St. George Hotel and Terra d’Oro Winery
For more information contact Meghan Joy O’Keefe, AmadorArts Executive Director at 209-256-8166 or email@example.com. AmadorArts is the designated local partner to the California Arts Council, a state agency. AmadorArts is located inside the Amador Senior Center at 229 New York Ranch Road and is open Monday through Thursday from 1 to 4 PM, and Fridays from 9 AM to 6 PM. Since 1982, AmadorArts has encouraged, supported, and promoted the arts in our schools and community. Get involved by visiting amadorarts.org. Volunteers and Donors make it all happen: art classes, scholarships, grants, concerts, and more: AmadorArts can’t do it without YOU! Get involved and make a difference for creatives of all ages living in Amador County. TGIF FREE CONCERTS are sponsored by Equality California, the Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, and by other local businesses.
Please do not attend TGIF concerts if you are not feeling well. Attendees assume all risks related to potential exposure to viruses, including COVID-19. Please respect personal choice regarding masks and physical distance.
Summer of 2021 will feature some of the best local bands in Amador County covering genres including Rock, Country, Folk, Americana, and more. Without a doubt, this summer is going to be fun and full of great music. So join us every Friday at parks throughout beautiful Amador county. Bring your picnic and your dancin’ shoes.
Let’s celebrate 23 years of FREE, local music!
Check back for a complete 2021 schedule soon.
Remember to bring your chairs or blankets and picnics.
The TGIF FREE Summer Concert Series relies on sponsorships and generous donations.