Every FIRST THURSDAY OF THE MONTH from 6pm to 8ish.
DURING the COVID-19 Pandemic, it is important to stay at home. BUT IN AMADOR COUNTY: WE LOVE MUSIC, and POETRY, and DANCE, and ACTING, and ORATORY, and ALL KINDS OF PERFORMING!
So get yourself to this ZOOM ROOM Open Mic. See your buddy’s and enjoy talents from all over The County.
Arrive early to register for your 10 minutes spot.
Download the Zoom application and then go to this link:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 447 533 381
Since 2016, all varieties of talents have appeared at Open Mic Nights presented by AmadorArts Council.
For all those hungering for an Open Mic, a chance to take to the stage and perform, the popular free family-friendly community event starts at 6:00 pm until 8-ish, depending on how many show up.
AmadorArts Council is located in Jackson, at 617 South CA-49 in the back southwest corner of the Mother Lode Plaza, across the highway from the cinemas.
AmadorArts Council is grateful to Dennis McCue of Pioneer who’s stepped up to organize each month’s event. He’ll receive help from musician friends and his wife Kat Everitt, the Amador County Poet Laureate. Not only performers, but members of the public are invited to come out and enjoy the creative spontaneity of the evening and the current art show on the walls.
This activity is made possible in part by the California Arts Council, a state agency. Find out more at cac.ca.gov.
Here are some things to know:
- Available for use: piano, 2 mics with stands, sound system with room for 2 instruments to plug in. Not enough room for large scale dance productions or rock bands.
- The event prohibits smoking, substances, and alcohol use.
- All ages are welcome. Children under 14 must have a parent or guardian in attendance with them.
- A sign up sheet will be at the entrance. Performers may be at the mic for no more than 15 minutes, including set up.
- The event welcomes people from other counties, “occasional” guest performers from the Bay Area, and guest M.C.’s.
- Refreshments: coffee, tea; participants are asked to bring snacks-potluck style.
- Cleanup is asked of participants.
- Relaxed, casual fun in a family-friendly setting.
Meghan O’Keefe, Executive Director of the non-profit arts agency, says, “The Amador County Arts Council monthly open mic is our invitation to the community to convene, create, and collaborate. Open Mic is an important part of the Mother Lode communities. Having a free place to express and share performance art talents creates community connection, empowers developing artists of all skill levels, and builds a network of local arts advocates.”