AmadorArts has offered a number of grants over the years. For over ten years, the AmadorArts Supportive Funding Grants provided small funds to assist classrooms and community arts programs. Recipients have included the Amador County Concert Band, Amador High Drama department, the Amador County Artists Association, and more.
Read below to learn about the two significant grants that AmadorArts recently made to local organizations.
ALERT! MEDICAL EMERGENCY GRANTS for ARTISTS available NOW. The program provides one-time grants of up to $5,000 for recent unexpected medical, dental, and mental health emergencies. AmadorArts to get help with the application. Information HERE.
In addition to offering grants to local organizations, AmadorArts also offers FREE grant application assistance for locals who want to apply for California Arts Council grants. There are several art grants available from the state arts agency RIGHT NOW and AmadorArts is eager to help you get the grant money you need. Get help applying for California Arts Council grants by contacting AmadorArts at 209-256-8166, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual Artists
- Arts Organization Operating Relief
- Impact Project
- Youth impacted by the Justice System
- Statewide & Regional Network
NEWS IN LOCAL ARTS GRANTS!
In 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, AmadorArts received CARES ACT money from the California Arts Council, a state agency. This CARES ACT grant came with the requirement that AmadorArts regrant 80% of the funds to local arts organizations serving local Communities of Color. New and emerging arts organizations were encouraged to apply. Applications were assessed by the IDEA Advisory Committee and funding recommendations were made to the board of directors using the Decisions Support Tool. On December 15th, the AmadorArts Board of Directors voted to fund two applicants with the CARES ACT grant funds.
The two recipients of this grant are the Miwok Heritage Center and the Sierra Nevada Mountain Chautauqua.
The Miwok Heritage Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit based out of Ione, California, under the direction of Glen Villa, Junior. Established in 2016, the Miwok Heritage Center was founded to preserve, promote, and interpret the history and culture of the Miwok people. AmadorArts awarded the Miwok Heritage Center 100% of their request in the amount of $6,340. The funds will be used to conduct oral interviews of people with knowledge of Miwok history and culture. The information from these interviews will be made available to the public via their website miwokhc.com Funding will also provide several classes on two different types of Miwok ropes: olivella shelled rope and native twine made from dogbane. Information about these programs will be made available at the Miwok Heritage Center website and will receive marketing and publicity support from AmadorArts.
The Sierra Nevada Mountain Chautauqua is a brand-new, emerging non-profit based out of the “isolated-rural” community of Pioneer, California. Under the direction of scholar, active-duty veteran, and historical performer, Dr. James Armstead Jr., the Sierra Nevada Mountain Chautauqua is being established to preserve and present history programs designed to honor the contributions of Communities of Color and women. The Sierra Nevada Mountain Chautauqua will use the CARES ACT grant funds of $6,290 to establish their organization and present traditional Chautauqua format living history using scholars to present first-person presentations, answer questions from audiences as the historical character, and then review the character presented as the scholar to assess the role and importance of that person in history. This programming will initially be primarily available for free to local schools and classrooms, with limited, ticketed performances at public venues. Begin your journey into the traditions of Chautauqua HERE. AmadorArts is helping this new organization get established and we will release media as Sierra Nevada Mountain Chautauqua implements this new program.
The CARES ACT Grant was awarded to AmadorArts by the California Arts Council. 20% ($3,157) was to provide operational funds to AmadorArts. The remaining 80% ($12,630) was required to be re-granted to local organizations serving Communities of Color. This grant does not require matching funds.
For more information on AmadorArts and California Arts Council grants and for assistance with your applications, please contact email@example.com or 209-256-8166.