Community Artists Calendar – Event Submission Form
Welcome! You are encouraged to post your upcoming artist event on our Artist’s Community Event Calendar.
Please only submit events that are connected to a local artist. All events are subject to approval by the Amador Arts Council.
When submitting events:
- All Community Event submissions are reviewed by our staff before they are approved to appear in the Community Art Calendar. Every effort will be made to review your submission as quickly as possible. However, you are encouraged to post your event at least 2 weeks prior to the event date to allow time for our staff to review your submission.
- Include your contact information.
- Fill out all information required as completely as possible.
Venues are places where an event takes place. When creating a new venue, all venue-related information, i.e., address, email, website, and phone number, should be the venue’s and not the presenting organization’s. New venues are carefully reviewed and will be edited if inaccurate.
Reasons Why An Event May Not Be Approved:
- Daily events may not repeat for more than two weeks.
- Weekly events may not repeat for more that two months.
- Monthly events may not repeat for more than six months.
- If your event is more than one week long and does not occur every day of the event’s duration, do not submit as a daily event. Use recurring weekly instead, and select the days of the week the event is open. (If an event appears in the calendar on a day when the event doesn’t occur, then the event was entered incorrectly and will be disapproved.)
Event descriptions should not be longer than 200 words (about two short paragraphs). Descriptions longer than 200 words will be trimmed or disapproved.
Events Promoting Religions:
Religious organizations may post events only if the event promotes the arts, or is a fundraiser where 100% of the proceeds go to an arts based non-profit organization.
Gallery and museum showings may only repeat three times. If an engagement is more than one week long, consider entering it as a weekly recurring event on Mondays (or another day of your choice) for three weeks, with details about all gallery dates in the description.
All content must be age appropriate to our entire viewing audience which includes minors. Adult content is not permitted.
Please contact the Amador Arts Council at email@example.com if you notice inaccurate information in event listings.